x64 USB install failure windows 8

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by biikman, Mar 1, 2012.

1. biikman

biikman

having difficulty installing.
    1. burned ISO to USB flash drive
    2. empty 106 gig partition
    3. Booted off of flash drive and when I select the 106gig partition it says it cannot install, and to see the log file (not sure where it is).

any insight is appreciated :)

biikman, Mar 1, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. biikman

Ian Administrator

Hi biikman,

Did you get any other information in the error message (one common one is that it's unable to create a partition for whatever reason). I think the logfile may be located here : C:\windows\inf \setupapi.dev.log (if it exists).

What's your system setup - are you using a RAID controller or require any extra drivers to pick up your HDD?

Ian, Mar 1, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. biikman

biikman

The only message that showed was "unable to install". I'll try it again tonight to get the exact message, but there was no other specific info. I have a fairly standard system setup, single SATA hard drive wth 3 partitions, one of which I had formatted in preperation for windows 8. Windows 8 install setup does see the drive. I also did try reformating the partition in the win8 setup with no luck.
    thanks

biikman, Mar 1, 2012
  4. biikman

biikman

The specific error message read:
    "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one". Funny since the partition shows as an available partition to choose, and I did try it formatted and unformatted.

biikman, Mar 1, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question