Wont turn on

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by DarkAngelFlare, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DarkAngelFlare

DarkAngelFlare

every time I start windows 8 it gives me the blue screen of death windows8 bluescreen of death.png And aftet that it automatically goes to windows auto repair but after a few minutes it cant find any problems. after that it takes me to a screen with three choices restart pc turn of and advance options. i tried to refresh my pc with the window 8, i have the iso put it in a flash drive and a cd, i tried the cd fail, flash drive fail keeps saying not varified. by the way my computer is a well used to be an hp windows 7 home premium. MY POINT is that could you guys figure out why it keeps telling me why it keeps saying not varified.

Version:windows 8 developer preview

DarkAngelFlare, Apr 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. DarkAngelFlare

Ian Administrator

Welcome to the forums :)

Is this a fresh install of Windows 8 or have you been using it for a while before this problem started?

I'm guessing that this isn't installed under VirtualBox (or similar), as there have been problems with older Virtual PC software running this. It would also be handy to know your system specs :).

Ian, Apr 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. DarkAngelFlare

DarkAngelFlare

sorry i cant give you much since my computer dosent want to work because of that screen. all i can tell you is that its a hp compac window 7
    home premium and i got it around last year in march or somewhere around there

DarkAngelFlare, Apr 17, 2012
  4. DarkAngelFlare

DarkAngelFlare

wait nevermind about the comment i made i can still turn it on and go to the bios menu and stuff but other than that not much

DarkAngelFlare, Apr 17, 2012
  5. DarkAngelFlare

DarkAngelFlare

nevermind everuthing i used hp compact restoration to restore my computer its good. what sucks though is that now i have to start from scratch :( oh well at im just glad its working:)

DarkAngelFlare, Apr 18, 2012
  6. DarkAngelFlare

Ian Administrator

Glad that you've got it working - that's one way to fix it :)

Ian, Apr 18, 2012
  7. DarkAngelFlare

Victor Leigh

I think you could have saved yourself some headache if you have installed Windows 8 to dual boot with Windows 7. With a dual boot, if Windows 8 fails, you can still fall back on Windows 7. Actually on my own pc, I have a quadruple boot set up. Two of the options are for Linux and two are for Windows.

Now that you have got Windows 8 working again, consider making a Hiren BootCD on a pendrive. This is a great tool which you can use when you cannot access your hard drive due to a Windows crash.

Victor Leigh, Apr 23, 2012
    davehc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question