Wireless Network PCI Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sTs9JaMs, Feb 23, 2013.

1. sTs9JaMs

sTs9JaMs

I currently have a Rosewill card that worked fine with Windows 7 but since the driver software from Rosewill is not compatible with Windows 8, I am having some problems. Can anyone recommend another card in the $20-$30 range that's compatible.

sTs9JaMs, Feb 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. sTs9JaMs

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Trouble, Feb 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. sTs9JaMs

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

You may also wish to consider the fact that Rosewill is not likely the actual manufacturer of the chipset that the card is using. For instance many of Rosewill's Ethernet Cards use Realtek chipsets. I can't say with any degree of certainty that, that is actually the case with their wireless cards, they could be using another third party chipset, perhaps from Broadcom or someone else.
    If you can determine the actual driver you are currently using or better yet the hardware IDs of the device then you may be able to obtain a more current driver from the actual chipset manufacturer's website.

Trouble, Feb 26, 2013
  4. sTs9JaMs

DarkRepulser

Did you try going into Device Manager and search for a stock driver that Microsoft provides? Also try searching for drivers using Windows update.

DarkRepulser, Mar 2, 2013
  5. sTs9JaMs

sTs9JaMs

Thanks Trouble I will check that out when I'm back around my desktop (out of town for a few days).
    Also DarkRepulser I tried that and am currently using the stock driver from Microsoft. It's functioning but very finicky.

sTs9JaMs, Mar 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question