Windows Surface Tablet questions

Discussion in 'Tablet / Surface Devices' started by themarting, Oct 31, 2013.

1. themarting

themarting

I was considering buying my fiancé a Surface tablet for Christmas, but i want to make sure i know what im doing before i do that.

First, if i understand correctly, the Surface is Microsofts name for the tablet Microsoft makes running windows 8. Am i right to assume there are other tablets on the market that also run windows 8?

Second, I've seen Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 RT listed as operating systems on Surface listings. Are these tablets really FULLY running Windows 8 (except RT, which is on the cheapest tablets, I imagine thats a gimped down Windows 8) !?

Lastly, and this touches back on point number one. Assuming there are other tablets that run windows 8, what specs can i compare between tablets to ensure i get the one that runs the smoothest and handles the most things?

themarting, Oct 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. themarting

MyDigitalpoint

I'm also considering to buy a Surface tablet for Christmas and would like to add to your above questions another one that might be also for you to know the answer; is it possible synchronize a Surface tablet with a laptop, both running Windows 8.

I guess the RT version might not, but for a regular Windows 8 in both devices, isn't any problem?

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question