Windows store payment method problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by ort84, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ort84

ort84

Hi everyone, hope someone here can help. Microsoft tech support has been less than helpful unfortunately.

After entering my credit card information in Windows Store and clicking submit, I get a blank screen with just a back arrow to go back to the previous step. Now billing support has confirmed my credit card is on file and all is well but Windows store says I do not have a payment method.

If I try the process again it shows my credit card, selecting it and hitting submit again gives me a blank screen. I can not move on from this point.

As a last resort I tried paypal as a payment method and even the paypal login website will not load in Windows Store.

At my wits end, have this problem on my desktop pc and Surface Pro 3. Have tried using my phone as a hot spot to verify its not my internet connection at home with same results.

ort84, Oct 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. ort84

Andrew Isbell

Same problem except I tried PayPal first then a credit card. C'mon Microsoft!

Andrew Isbell, Oct 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. ort84

Sheepeeper

SOLVED (at least for me)

I was having the same problem, tried restoring to a previous point etc and nothing worked.
    I think the blank page is meant to be a 'confirm your details page'

Pressing enter solved it for me. My guess is that the despite not being able to see it the 'ok' button is highlighted

How to:
    1. Enter credit card/paypal info

2. submit

3. when you see the blank page just press enter

4. This should return you to the previous screen but with your chosen payment option accepted :)

hope this helps!

Sheepeeper, Oct 22, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question