Windows register

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Robert Carlson, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Robert Carlson

Robert Carlson

I was wondering if it is possible to delete a software by name like Kodak and be able delete or remove all the Kodak register files at one time? and the second question would be how would it be done if it was possible. I know you can do it one at a time, but that would be a very long task to do.

Robert Carlson, Apr 23, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Robert Carlson

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

My initial advise is to go ahead and uninstall the software as you normally would, through the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel, and not worry too much about any left over reference bits inside the Windows Registry as any work inside the Registry, either manual or automatic can and often does result in unintended consequences.
    Using a product such as Revo Uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html somewhere along about the third step or so will reveal some of the entries you are likely referring to, but.....
    Again unless you know exactly what you are doing when you look at the hierarchal tree that is presented to you, then you will likely not get the results you really want and may even cause irreparable harm to your computer, so....
    I would first, highly recommend against it and then suggest that minimally you have a very current system image that you are certain you can recover from before persisting.

Trouble, Apr 23, 2015
    bassfisher6522 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Robert Carlson

Trisha Finley

Trouble.. is the 'Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel' the same as 'Add and Remove Programs'?

Trisha Finley, May 11, 2015
  4. Robert Carlson

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Yes, but it hasn't been called that since Vista.

Trouble, May 11, 2015
  5. Robert Carlson

Trisha Finley

Thanks for that info. I've been going to the right side of screen where the search box peeks out and typing in 'add and remove programs'. Your way is much easier.

Trisha Finley, May 12, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question