Windows Experience Index

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Moe, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Moe

Moe

Ever since I Installed Win8 Pro the day it was launched I have never been able to rate my computer. The Windows experience index goes through the motion and finished by telling me that it is unable to rate the computer. I flashed the Bios this morning hoping it would help but it still won't work. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
    Moe

Moe, Jan 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Moe

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

You may be able to figure out which part it fails by following the text it displays while it scans... You might need to reinstall drivers for graphics if it fails the DirectX part, etc.

You seem to really need the score for something, might I ask what for? In all these years since its conception I have not found a single use for the WEI score, so I am interested.

Core, Jan 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Moe

Kemical

Hi Moe,

did you upgrade or perform a clean install?

Is your system running with the latest drivers? I know you said about the bios but drivers are equally as important as I'm sure your aware.
    You could try running the system file checker just to see if any corruption with win 8 files is going on. Open an admin cmd prompt by right clicking in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and choosing from the list. Then type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and await results.

Kemical, Jan 21, 2013
  4. Moe

Moe

Come to think of it you are so right. Consider it forgotten. It is just that I have a very bad disposition when something that should work does not. Many thanks

Moe, Jan 21, 2013
  5. Moe

Moe

Moe, Jan 21, 2013
  6. Moe

Moe

thank you both Kemical and Core as was mentioned previously who need it anyway.

Moe

Moe, Jan 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question