Windows 8 vies with Vista, but Windows 7 gains

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by themarksquared, Jun 3, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared

Good day, Windows 8 Forums.

Here's another piece of information that I unearthed while venturing the deep lands of Google.

I will be quoting the important parts of the article below. Should you want to read the full article, please click here.
    [​IMG]

themarksquared, Jun 3, 2013
    sleepyH22 and Ian like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. themarksquared

Ian Administrator

I'm genuinely surprised that so many people still use XP - I knew it was high, but not this high :eek:. There's only a year left until support ends, when any responsible company surely must ditch the OS (generally speaking). I'd be interested to know how many big businesses have taken up Windows 8.

Ian, Jun 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. themarksquared

themarksquared

I know, right? It's a very surprising figure. Heck, Windows XP's market share would still be larger even if you combined the share of the remaining operating systems! I find to to be very creepy and fascinating. Maybe it has something to do with people not wanting change.

themarksquared, Jun 3, 2013
  4. themarksquared

airplayne

I wouldn't say 8 is as bad as Vista, but obviously it isn't as good as 7. Of course nothing is as bad as ME.

airplayne, Jun 3, 2013
  5. themarksquared

adamsmith

the users are still believing on Win XP is not either way instead there are solid reasons behind an efficient performance of the OS from Microsoft and i also consider the best OS version ever come out from the software major..

adamsmith, Jun 18, 2013
  6. themarksquared

airplayne

The company I just left is way behind the times. They are still using XP, but plan to migrate to Windows 7 by the end of the year. Shortly after I started there in the beginning of 2011 they had just upgraded to Office 2003, and IE 8. Even though later versions were obviously available.

airplayne, Jun 18, 2013
  7. themarksquared

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Care to go into more detail as to why, since this is far from obvious to me.

Core, Jun 19, 2013
  8. themarksquared

adamsmith

there is one more figure is reflecting well through the share graph of the different OS users that the amount of Vista lovers is still not that bad as if you calculate the data 4.51 of the whole in digits it may shock you to know the reality actually existing .. it's quite shocking really...

adamsmith, Jun 21, 2013
  9. themarksquared

themarksquared

I agree with you. I really cannot find anything to complain about Windows 8. I find it to be better than Windows 7, honestly. Heck, I use the Metro Interface more than the desktop itself! Nevertheless, that is only my opinion though.

themarksquared, Oct 27, 2013
  10. themarksquared

themarting

I think it is fear of change. If windows 8 wasnt already out, and i hadnt used windows 7 alot at work already, i would have probably loaded Windows XP to the PC i just built as well.

i just felt alot more familiar and comfortable with windows XP compared to windows 7

themarting, Oct 27, 2013
  11. themarksquared

Limezero

That's kind of sad to be honest, at least compared to what Apple or Windows 7 had. It's been well over a year since release, and most people have at least acknowledged its presence.

Limezero, Nov 16, 2013
  12. themarksquared

themarting

I think windows 8.1 will help close that gap. So many people complain about the lack of start button

themarting, Nov 16, 2013
  13. themarksquared

MyDigitalpoint

And for sure these figures would favor XP over Windows 7 if wouldn't be because many people have been scared away with the announced end of the XP support.

Even though many people will continue using XP no matter if converted into unsupported software because it's freedom of choice keep using what still works.

If I wouldn't have to get a new computer with Windows 8 pre-installed I would probably will continue using XP until beyond the end of Microsoft support.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 16, 2013
  14. themarksquared

Shaun Hill

I wonder how the new CEO is going to change things at Microsoft. I feel like the current problems at Microsoft are due to their highly competitive culture. Will Windows 9 try to continue the evolution of Windows 8 or will they start from scratch and make something totally different from Windows 8? It'll be interesting to follow.

Shaun Hill, Nov 25, 2013
  15. themarksquared

airplayne

Right, but it wasn't just the button, but the menu that came with it. Windows 8.1 still does not include the start menu, which is why I really see no need in upgrading.

I did get a popup recently on my laptop (that has 8) to go to the Windows store and download the upgrade. I just closed the window when it came up.

airplayne, Nov 25, 2013
  16. themarksquared

MorgUK

Hopefully they'll start from scratch. The majority agrees that Windows 7 is great and Windows 8 simply isn't. I think they will keep all the touch screen stuff and maybe the tiles, but we should be able to select what we want. A classic desktop or the tiles.

Windows 9 needs to offer some decent features too, not just an update for the sake of an update. Give us the ability to login to your computer from any computer and give us all MS cloud accounts.

MorgUK, Nov 26, 2013
  17. themarksquared

themarting

Yea I finally upgraded on one of the laptops we have only to be extremely dissapointed ha.

When someone says bring back the start button we mean the menu too
    When MS says "we brought back the start button" i thought they meant the menu too
    When i hit the start button and went back to metro i felt very deceived haha

themarting, Nov 26, 2013
  18. themarksquared

airplayne

This is why I usually wait and see how things like this shake out, then decide if I will pull the trigger.

airplayne, Nov 26, 2013
  19. themarksquared

themarting

If you mean pulling the trigger between 8 and 8.1 theres still really no reason not to other than potential bugs. Even with the "false" start menu, everything works pretty well. Also the update is free so you dont really lose there.

themarting, Nov 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question