Windows 8 users need not worry..... for a while

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by davidhk129, Apr 8, 2014.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129

Windows 8 users can stay put if they don't want to upgrade to 8.1 and then 8.1.Update 1.
    excerpt .......
    A Microsoft Springboard Series blog post from April 2 also emphasizes that Windows 8.1 users need to move to Update to continue getting patches.

This requirement does not apply to Windows 8 users who have not upgraded already to Windows 8.1, confirmed Mark Morowczynski, a Microsoft Premier Field Engineer. Windows 8 will remain supported by Microsoft until January 12, 2016, according to its lifecycle page. Users have until that time to move to Windows 8.1 and/or future Windows releases to remain supported by the company.
    Source ..............

davidhk129, Apr 8, 2014
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

Trellum

Well, it looks that from this point on we will all be forced to upgrade! I was reading an article about the rest of the Windows OS, he support for those OS will come to an end sooner or later. I guess that only means one thing: upgrade over and over again.

Trellum, Apr 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

sleepyH22

don't think my Pentium laptop will cope. Had 8.1 for a while but did not work due to ?? capacity?? Works fine on my HP all in one,sleepyH22

sleepyH22, Apr 15, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question