Windows 8 Usage Statistics

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Ian, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Ian, Aug 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

davehc

It'll be interesting, next month, to see if Windows 8.1 can improve those figures. It is getting good feedback at the moment, for some odd reason. The changes are not that mind shattering.

davehc, Aug 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

It'll likely be another simple victory by attrition. Old equipment gets retired, buy a replacement it's likely to have Windows 8 or soon Windows 8.1 installed.
    If you joined all the Windows OS installs in the pie chart you get a sense of how dominant MS still remains, but I suspect that those statistics are not factoring in mobile handheld devices or the results would likely look a great deal different

Trouble, Aug 2, 2013
  4. Ian

harshal360

Well windows 8.1 is probably not helping the figures at this point. However, the main problem is that Windows 8.1 looks bad but, after using it one begins to love it. It is a great and new way of looking at an operating system. It was meant for tablets and phones but, I would say it is working wonders on my desktop aswell. I hope to see that it climbs even more. As long as it is beating apple I am fine.

harshal360, Nov 11, 2013
  5. Ian

davehc

You have reopened an old thread. But, the statistical figures move on!
    One stat which doesn't get into the system, by normal means, is the number of OSs being used which are pirated. Imo, since Microsoft started using the public released "pre" editions of their latest products, those figures have risen sharply.
    I know of at least on forum, where pirated material, and discussions on how to crack , are open. I would imaging that most of the members there, numbering thousands, are using illegally obtained copies.
    I am not pious, so don't stick my nose out looking for problems which are not my concern, but I have several friends who have never bought a genuine copy since Windows 98!
    But I suppose the bottom line is how the stats read for the registered copies. I would be interested to know if this includes large retail distributers, who have registered their rights to, possibly, hundreds of Computers with OEMs installed, but have not yet sold them.

davehc, Nov 12, 2013
  6. Ian

MyDigitalpoint

Windows 8 was released with the world against it, and many IT writers gave for granted that this would be another failed operating system as Windows Vista was.

However to everyone's surprise, including mine, Windows 8 popularity is increasing slowly but steadily.

MyDigitalpoint, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Ian

Tchégéda

Windows 8 is not bad but only very different.

Tchégéda, Jan 17, 2014
  8. Ian

Trellum

I must admit I completely hated Windows 8 at first, but I've started to get used to it little by little. I was a bit upset with the fact the start menu was gone, but I'm getting really used to it little by little :)

Trellum, Feb 15, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question