Windows 8 to debut in October?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Ian, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Bloomberg reports that we'll start to see sales of Intel and Arm based Windows 8 machines in October 2012, just in time for the Christmas spending season (Windows tablet anyone?):

You can read the rest of the article here:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...h-windows-8-in-summer-with-october-debut.html

Ian, Mar 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Papo

Papo, Mar 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

exgonline

This release date wouldn't surprise me. Microsoft & Intel are both missing out massively on tablet sales, so these would hit the shelves in time for Christmas. Also having used the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, it already appears very stable.

exgonline, Mar 27, 2012
  4. Ian

Papo

I thought about that the other day and I agree that this consumer preview is very stable. I tested Vista during its beta days and remember how troublesome that OS was…from burning the ISO, to running programs and drivers. On the other hand, Windows 7 was much more stable during its beta days than Vista, but that was understandable since it shared almost everything with Vista. Also, there wasn't a lot of fanfare when Windows 7 came around, at least not as much as Vista.

There seems to be more anticipation with Windows 8, most likely because its design around tablets. They can't afford to miss this year's holidays if they want to make a dent on Apple. I do thing that the Android OS is going to lose many customers with the emerged of Windows 8. Black Friday and cyber Monday should give us a pretty good idea whether or not Windows 8 will be a success.

Papo, Mar 27, 2012
  5. Ian

Papo

Papo, Mar 30, 2012
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question