Windows 8 Released too Early?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Ian, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

IT Pro Portal have an article about the Intel CEO commenting that Windows 8 has been released too early and will rely up further updates to get things back on track. How does this stack up with your experiences?

Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/27/microsoft-releasing-windows-8-prematurely-says-intel-ceo/

Ian, Sep 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

It certainly feels half-baked in its current form. Releasing an unpolished product didn't work out so well for Vista, I guess they have already forgotten that.

Core, Sep 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

habibk20

I hope its not a flop project as Windows ME and Windows Vista... both Operating systems were a big Failure.

habibk20, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Ian

clifford (c_c)

Personally I don't see where Windows 8 is a big failure. For me all they would need to do to sell Windows 8 is cleanup those ugly squares in the start screen. Seems like such a petty request but I will not be using anything so ugly on a regular basis. I've seen apps for Windows 8 that change the image and colors for the start screen but nothing that removes the ugly little color coded squares. Why not use the traditional icons and implement them in the start screen UI?

clifford, Sep 28, 2012
    Tchégéda and davehc like this.
  5. Ian

lucasbytegenius

Yeah I agree, it's being released too early. However, I heard there's a huge update coming shortly after.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 1, 2012
  6. Ian

davehc

I was drawn to this bit
    "The statements, which included other comments about the forthcoming operating system, were allegedly made at a private Intel meeting in Taipei, Taiwan"

Yet another loose cannon remark.

I am not even certain what the "alleged" comment meant by early release. It's release is on a normal schedule. The process which I thought was wrong, and too early, was to let it loose as a preview on the public at large. As I stated in an earlier article, the "dog " was given a bad name by users across the spectrum, many with very little knowledge of handling new materials.. Since then, those original comments have been tossed around without any really new input.
    I agree with Cliff, 100%. I am not having even a slight problem with Windows 8. The visual appearance of Metro is appalling, but you don't have to live in that window.
    Only real criticism I have is that, after a couple or so years of development, I would have thought performance would have been significantly better. In fact it is only marginally better. But perhaps software performance is beginning to peak?
    No offense, Core, but I do not really see anything "half baked" in it. - One BIG mistake, from MS, they should have left that damned menu in there - that would have cooled about 80% of the forum complaints I read.

davehc, Oct 2, 2012
  7. Ian

Tchégéda

I think Windowss 8 is not an echec for the famillial usage, but I dont know if the firms will like the new UI.

Tchégéda, Oct 6, 2012
  8. Ian

NickJ

I'll wait for Windows 8 professional or something to come out before I buy Windows 8. I think overall, I'll be using Windows 8 in 2013 or 2014. When all of the stuff has been straightened out.

NickJ, Oct 24, 2012
  9. Ian

lucasbytegenius

I think I'll be able to get Windows 8 a month or two after it comes out, but I'll be running it on a second HD, leaving Windows 7 on its existing HD and my files on their own HD. Best setup for this sort of thing imo.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 24, 2012
  10. Ian

NickJ

Good man. I still don't think it'll kick Windows 7's ass though. 7 is the best OS since XP in my book. And even comes with an XP mode for those of us who're a bit nostalgic at times, such as I.

NickJ, Oct 25, 2012
  11. Ian

lucasbytegenius

I think being able to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 8 officially will be the thing that kicks Windows 7's @$$. Windows 7 doesn't allow you to upgrade from Windows XP.

Also, 7 doesn't come with XP Mode, that has to be downloaded separately and installed.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 27, 2012
  12. Ian

NickJ

My version came with XP mode. I thought they all did. Perhaps I got a promotional version? I dunno. The upgrade thing though depends on how many people are still running windows xp.

NickJ, Oct 28, 2012
  13. Ian

lucasbytegenius

XP Mode is free to download and install, but maybe your OEM put it on there for you (which is stupid to me because it uses a significant amount of HD space).

lucasbytegenius, Oct 29, 2012
  14. Ian

habibk20

I purchased windows 8 and personally i tried it on 2 Hp laptops and trust me it gave me headache for 2 days.... full of errors and after every 2 minutes one software not responding.... and guys u wont believe now windows 7 back and those laptops are fit no errors :)

habibk20, Oct 30, 2012
  15. Ian

Sounds unfortunate. Probably better to stick with the older Windows versions if using old hardware.

Core, Oct 30, 2012
  16. Ian

NickJ

HP is not a good brand of computer. My local library uses them. They seem to have issues from time to time with the simplest of functions.

NickJ, Oct 30, 2012
  17. Ian

habibk20

well i have 3rd gen core i7 QM processor laptop dude.. still problems, mostly NOT RESPONDING in most of apps dont know why. but when i install back my Windows 7 recovery Disk... the laptops work fine... i guess its not an old hardware.... :( well i guess my bad luck.

habibk20, Oct 31, 2012
  18. Ian

I don't know what to tell you; I haven't had any issues. I trust you did a clean install and not an upgrade?

Core, Oct 31, 2012
    habibk20 likes this.
  19. Ian

habibk20

Yes i did all clean installs... i never upgrade.. always backup all the data and then do clean install :p. May be its causing all the problems... ill try to upgrade it from windows 7 to 8. then il update really but 14.99$ is a nice price for a legal software.

habibk20, Oct 31, 2012
  20. Ian

lucasbytegenius

Yes I agree, $15 is very cheap. For me though it will be $40 because I haven't bought any Microsoft products, or however that deal works. $40 is still pretty cheap for Windows though.

lucasbytegenius, Nov 7, 2012
    habibk20 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question