Windows 8 Release Date

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Ian, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Are Microsoft set to Launch Windows 8 on 7th January 2013?

According to X-Bit labs, that's the latest rumor. The timing sounds about right, considering that Windows 7 is still a relatively new operating system.

Read the rest of the article here.

Ian, Mar 11, 2011
    jeffreyobrien and clifford like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

clifford (c_c)

Woo Hoo - one more phase.

I can't hardly wait!!! :D :D

clifford, Mar 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Nibiru2012 Moderator

That's if we all survive December 2012! LOL! :rolleyes:

Nibiru2012, Mar 11, 2011
    BetaMan likes this.
  4. Ian

BetaMan

I see what you did there! xD

Yeah, so that means we should have a beta around the beginning of January 2012! :D :excited:

BetaMan, Mar 12, 2011
  5. Ian

WindowsGeek

Now, Microsoft, you shall leak! :D
    But remember, they lost a lot of good men getting us this intel... Good men...​

WindowsGeek, Mar 12, 2011
  6. Ian

jeffreyobrien

Windows 8 – chodori

Key features in windows 8 will concentrate firstly on Internet Information Services (IIS) will evolve in Windows 8, according to Microsoft’s plans. No telling just what the Windows 8 IIS key features are, but they will span over both the Win8 client and server releases. What is interesting is the company’s mention that IIS and Smooth Streaming need to be differentiated from Apache and Flash. Beyond the Windows 8 client, the Win 8 server with its own IIS version will be used to push Apache out of the way, and Silverlight alongside Adobe Flash.Win8 RTM release will come into bit torrent first then legal copies will follow as usual Just as it has with previous O/S.
    ZDnet has already got their hands on win 8 scree shots,IE information,RC release dates,especially with introduction of the new IE Expolrer 9 Beta which will become win8 best ever browser as I feel this is windows weak point from IE6 however let us wait and see what comes my way from my buddies that provide me the stuff I get sent every month.
    Microsoft defines Smooth Streaming as: Smooth Streaming, an IIS Media Services extension, enables adaptive streaming of media to Silverlight clients over HTTP. Smooth Streaming provides a high-quality viewing experience that scales massively on content distribution networks, making true HD 1080p media experiences a reality.
    Senior Program Manager(704634 -External)
    Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
    Job ID: 704634
    Division: Server & Tools Business

The Internet Information Services (IIS) team is redefining how the web technology stack is delivered to the customers. We are simplifying how developers, IT pros, and hosters consume our technology by managing the end-to-end experience from development to deployment. We build both technologies and solutions – whatever it takes to do the right thing for customers and Win The Web. Customer empathy is a deep core value at IIS. We are also an extremely agile team that frequently ships projects out-of-band to adapt to ever changing Internet environment.IIS team is looking for an experienced PM to join our core platform team. Your role will span across driving key features into Windows 8 as well as owning several out-of-band modules, including web analytics that will bring business intelligence for the customers that host applications and contents on IIS. Your work will help differentiate IIS and Smooth Streaming from Apache and Flash. You should also be ready to work in a fast-paced environment and have a strong desire for quality, security, and performance. Your feature will be used by millions of customers.
    Learn More

jeffreyobrien, Mar 12, 2011
  7. Ian

jeffreyobrien

Ian I was told that the RC will be this year Nov 2011 then Dec 2012 RTM will surface for your mentioned release date Jan 2013 YAHOO sounds like your info supports my mates information
    regards buddy
    jeffrey

jeffreyobrien, Mar 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question