Windows 8 Program "Mail" does not get my e-Mail

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Stuart Grant, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Stuart Grant

Stuart Grant

I cannot get my e-mail with address [email protected] with Mail. It says no e-mail in last three months.

I thought it was perhaps because the incoming mail was under POP so I changed it to IMAP. Still no e-mail.

Although she normally gets her mail on her own computer, I tried adding her address with Mail. Works fine. I can get all her mail !

I installed Thunderbird on the computer. Works fine. If I use it from the Desktop I can get all my mail. So what's the problem ? None really but I am baffled ! My account details are correct in Mail.

Dopes anyone know what must be wrong ?

Stuart

Stuart Grant, Jun 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Stuart Grant

bassfisher6522

I think your using the mail app....and that has to be setup to receive your emails...like setting up a new email client. Personally I don't use the mail app and I just stick with Outlook 2013 for my email client.

What email client are you currently using?

bassfisher6522, Jun 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Stuart Grant

Stuart Grant

As explained I use Thunderbird and it works, so it's not really a problem but I am baffled as to why I am unable to set my address up with the W8 Mail app. I set it up to receive my e-mails but it doesn't do so. I set up my wife's address and it works !

Stuart

Stuart Grant, Jun 9, 2014
  4. Stuart Grant

bassfisher6522

This is exactly why I don't use these MS apps....some work and some don't. Personally I find the mail app a bit cumbersome to navigate...or that I'm used to using my regular email client.

bassfisher6522, Jun 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question