Windows 8 Pro Downloaded and nothing works

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Takaro, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takaro

Takaro

So I click on the tiles and nothing works.
    The mail program shows me a big silly envelope for 2 seconds then it goes straight back to start tiles.
    As does the store, weather, pretty much all of them
    Help. I paid $50 and it is so far useless

Takaro, Oct 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Takaro

Octagon

Either you write that from Windows 8 and I do not know what to do, or your Windows 8 machine has a network problem. Most of the tiles require Internet access.

Octagon, Oct 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Takaro

Takaro

machine has no network problem
    the external tiles work as shortcuts to everything else eg. chrome, explorer, thunderbird...the live tiles like mail for example does does give me any option to add an email account to it. It does nothing. Neither does weather etc, contacts....even the store does nothing
    I got so pissed with it after 7 hours of trawling forums and trying users suggestions, none of which worked, I followed someones advice and tried a reset which then resulted in my entire hard drive being wiped so have spent last 3 hours trying to reinstall the original Win 7 back on to the machine from an old upgrade disc i dug out. I am now back to Win 7 with no copy of the Win8 i downloaded and nothing to show for my 50 bucks ''upgrade'' cept a product code that i cant use.
    bring on chromebooks by the looks...ive been a Windows fan since 95...i even forgave them for vista....but today has been rubbish. i did exactly what they told me to do during installation and it turned to shit and took my money
    bit bummed

Takaro, Oct 27, 2012
  4. Takaro

Tchégéda

Windows 8 Comes with 1024x768 Minimum Resolution, No Maximum Limit

Tchégéda, Oct 27, 2012
  5. Takaro

Octagon

As far as I remember, I had the same problem with the very first preview and attributed it to the network and buggy student made demo apps. I still think that in your case an RT app tries to connect to its server and timeouts. My current guess is that if the access to the Internet OK, then there are only 2 options: the tergeted server is overloaded and/or the network channel to it is overloaded. Possibly Microsoft underestimated the traffic from preview fans and I experienced the problem at that time. If they underestimated the interest to Windows 8 again, then you may have the problem because the servers have to allocate initial resources for you and I do not have the problem because everything had been allocated long ago. If so, plain waiting (for days? weeks?) may solve the problem. Even with unoperational Windows 8 tiles the rest of the system should work just fine, including the classical desktop with all the applications. That is, if the upgrade code is still valid, you may try the upgrade later and put $50 to use.

Octagon, Oct 27, 2012
  6. Takaro

Techboy101

So you have installed Windows 8 from a upgrade tool that they provide. To be honest there has always been a problem with the upgrade tool as it is a common issue for Microsoft. It is basically a corrupted installation but there is a fix for that issue is to do a clean installation instead. But if I were you, I would stick to Windows 7 for now. Like i said before, clean installation without using the upgrade tool should fix the issue your having.

Techboy101, Apr 29, 2013
  7. Takaro

vaibhav402

I suggest you perform an update. Its been a long time since your post and might be that microsoft has fixed those issues. If nothing works, then just backup your data and try to re-install the OS (if its not an OEM). Also can you please mention your system specifications?

vaibhav402, Aug 20, 2013
  8. Takaro

davehc

I think Takaro has either left the forum or solved the problem in his own way.

davehc, Aug 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question