Windows 8 password not recognized and got auto corrected!

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Pramod, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Pramod

Pramod

I am sharing my experience with you. I upgraded from Window 7 to windows8 while I was in USA, used for one week. (wireless network xxx was used) Things worked pretty smooth. I came home to India and at home used the same laptop with wireless network yyy. Smooth no problem. I took the laptop to my office. We have a small office not major network setup etc. Used wifi zzz. No issues. Worked pretty smooth for one week.Today again I used at home then went to office.

When tried to login, I got a message "your machine is offline and your are using incorrect password!". I tried a few times, same problem. I was "logging in" using Microsoft authentication. I tried by changing Hotmail password but nothing changed. I thought I might have corrupted installation hence tried repair method using installation cd. I got a message " Your partition is damaged etc" and Cancelled repair. Tried Microsoft helpline they sent me to Professional helpline.

Came home and tried login on yyy wifi network and Lo everything started.

Can anybody throw light on as to what happened? Will it repeat again?

Pramod, Nov 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question