Windows 8 & Kinect for Windows ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brkkab123, May 31, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

Has anybody heard if Microsoft is going to add the ability to Kinect for Windows to recognize your face to automatically log you into Windows 8 ? If not, Mjcrosoft needs to add that one.

brkkab123, May 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

LosAngelesLover

The face recognise in Kinect is terrible, I have Kinect, but I don't see why you'll need to use it just so you can log in, might as well just use a webcam.

LosAngelesLover, May 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

The reason they need to do that is that using your Live ID as a sign in is actually a huge security risk. How many peoples pc's are stolen at sirports,etc. Quite a few. All it takes is thr software for cracking passwords and they've got your email, etc with the way Windows 8 is. That is going to turn out to be the biggest weakness/security risk of Windows 8.They need to make it where you can just log in with a Kinect or webcam.

brkkab123, Jun 1, 2012
    sleepyH22 likes this.
  4. brkkab123

neovlad

I have heard about this and i think they are going to do it somehow through the Xbox that you can use your Kinect to control the computer through the Xbox that seems kind of complicated to me though they should just make the Xbox run windows and make it like a computer i think that would be awesome.

neovlad, Aug 17, 2012
  5. brkkab123

brkkab123

neovlad. I don't believe that's going to happen. They came out with Kinect for Windows last year. It sell's for roughly $100.00 dollar's more than the Kinect for Xbox 360 does. Microsoft is money hungry and you'll most definitely need the higher priced Kinect for Windows version for use on pc's.

brkkab123, Aug 17, 2012
  6. brkkab123

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Can Kinect differentiate between my face and a picture of my face?

Core, Aug 18, 2012
  7. brkkab123

habibk20

Well Kinect is good but most laptops have finger print. Face can be tampered with picture but as far as finger print is concerned it cannot be tampered. same as office's have finger print for attendance.

habibk20, Sep 11, 2012
  8. brkkab123

Zaturo

Forget the Kinect. The Oculus Rift and Leap Motion Technology is where the future will be. I imagine that Nthusim will incorporate itself much better than "any" Microsoft product. Laptops do fingerprint now?

Zaturo, Sep 15, 2012
  9. brkkab123

Xilezaturo

I think that it would work better with the webcam, but yeah the Kinect should be able to do face recognition. Did they already plan this out?

Xilezaturo, Sep 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question