Windows 8 Installation Trouble

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Naveen, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Naveen

Naveen

I have an ASUS vivobook S500Ca which came preinstalled with Windows 8 Home Premium in Oct 2013. I had made a USB for the purpose of reinstalling it at any point. Name on this USB is 'Recovery'. It has around 13 GB size with 6 .swm files of around 2GB each.

So it happened and my hard disk crashed such that I can't even go to BIOS without removing it. I replaced it. Now when I insert this Recovery USB - it boots however it gives me option only to 'Troubleshoot' and nothing to 'Install' windows. [If I choose 'troubleshoot' I get 'Refresh your PC, Reset your PC and Advanced options'. Under 'Advanced options' I get 'system restore, system image recovery' etc however they don't work saying 'Can't find a system image on this computer'. ]

I looked on the Net and can't find a the Win 8 installable to download. Everywhere it's for 8.1. Moreover it asks for the license key to download on Microsoft site. I believe in my case key'd be built in BIOS.

Can you please help in this situation - either to be able to install thru my USB drive or find a Win 8 installable download. Ultimately I'd like to upgrade to 10. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks Naveen

Naveen, Aug 5, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Naveen

Clinton S.

Windows 8.1 is much better then Windows 8, plus, you can't upgrade to Windows 10 unless you have 8.1 or 7. Still, it sucks that you can't get Windows 8 back.

Clinton S., Aug 5, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question