Windows 8 freezes during install

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by dacrom, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dacrom

dacrom

Can anyone help me please! I have downloaded the Windows 8 ISO and burned it to a DVD, then I restarted my computer to boot from the installation disc. So far so good.

A few seconds after booting from the DVD it freezes and stays on the install screen. I can't do anything other than reboot :(.

dacrom, Mar 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. dacrom

Kemical

Hi dacrom,

How fast did you burn the iso? In case you haven't try reburning at 4x only.

If that fails and your positive your system is capable of running win 8 then you may have a dodgy download. One or two of us here have experienced this and had to download the iso again.

Kemical, Mar 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. dacrom

Ian Administrator

Welcome aboard!

I'll second what Kemical says - try a re-download and re-burn, that sorts the majority of issues and will rule out some easy things. Let us know if that doesn't work and we can see what else could be the problem :).

Ian, Mar 9, 2012
  4. dacrom

williamdeep

I'm having the same problem. During the past 2 days, I've download both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions, each twice. I've tried installing each both from USB flash drive and DVD. Every attempt does the same thing - loads to a point, puts up the initial screen (a fish), loads a few seconds more, and then freezes up!

I'm currently running Win 7-64 Pro on an ASUS P55 motherboard with Intel I-870 processor and OCZ SSD drives. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks!

williamdeep, Mar 18, 2012
  5. dacrom

davehc

Perhaps it would help if you both tried a download from another source? My son in law, an enthuisatic and knowledgeable computer user, had the same experience, on two different computers. I loaned him my DVD, download from Microsoft, and 40 minutes later he rang to tell me he was up and running?

davehc, Mar 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question