Windows 8 Enterprise system properties window closes immediately after opening?

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by remostalin, Nov 4, 2013.

1. remostalin

remostalin

When i right click on My Computer icon and click Properties, System Properties window open for a second and immediately closes. I have the same problem even if i try to open System Properties from Control Panel. How do i solve this problem without doing system restore. Keyboard volume keys also not working :(

remostalin, Nov 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. remostalin

davehc

Just a shot in the dark for starters. Have a look under "language" in the control panel, and make sure you have the correct keyboard installed.

davehc, Nov 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. remostalin

remostalin

just found now..
    key board volume key problem solved [​IMG]

1. In the Start menu, type View local services.
    2. From the Search Results list, select View local services.
    3. In the Services dialog box, locate Human Interface Device Access. Make sure the status is set to “Started.” If it is not started, click Start the service.
    4. Right-click Human Interface Device Access and select Properties.
    5. On the General tab, in the Startup type, select Automatic, and then click OK.

remostalin, Nov 4, 2013
  4. remostalin

remostalin

i instlled windows 8 permenent activator..that's make me this happens i uninstalled it & no virus..
    but crashing about system properties window closes immediately after opening...help pls :(

remostalin, Nov 4, 2013
  5. remostalin

davehc

I am using 8.1. That path does not exist but, of course, the service is available under "Services.msc"

But, have you previously customised it. It would not, normally, be needed to go to such extremes to reset the keys.?
    Your general installion does, on thought, seem to be corrupted in a few fields. From where did you obtain it - normal purchase download (possibly corrupt).?

But you may be able to get everything back to some normality, by opening up an elevated command prompt and run the System File Check.
    Open a command prompt, right-click and select “Run as administrator”, then run the command “sfc /scannow”

davehc, Nov 4, 2013
    remostalin likes this.
  6. remostalin

davehc

Ok. I was politely hinting where the problem lay. You appear to have got a blunter answer from another forum.

davehc, Nov 4, 2013
  7. remostalin

remostalin

i scanned it problem solved thank you sooo much [​IMG]

remostalin, Nov 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question