Windows 8 Desktop Screenshots

Discussion in 'Customization' started by Core, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Core

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

coredesktop.jpg
    Post your desktop (or Metro?) screenshots.

If you know where you got the wallpaper from, please do share, so that others can use it too.

Core, Oct 10, 2012
    Ian and Tchégéda like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Core

Smackz

Holy crap, Are you running windows on a 120 inch display or something? Why is everything so tiny?? That wallpaper looks really nice, by the way. What really amazes me is that this picture was taken at exactly 12:00. LOL

Smackz, Dec 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Core

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Heh, no, it's just a regular 1920x1080 resolution on a 24" display. But I use the taskbar option to display icons in small size. I just like having a lot of desktop real estate.

I forgot to add a link to the wallpaper I used. Here it is.

Core, Dec 23, 2012
  4. Core

Nibiru2012 Moderator

Same for me!

Nibiru2012, Dec 23, 2012
  5. Core

Odili

An Apple background on a Windows OS, awesome xD

[​IMG]

I need to do some desktop cleaning, hah. And it's a picture of a cat because I'm getting a cat that looks exactly like that one...ya know, excitement kind of making me mushier, lol.

Odili, Jan 20, 2013
  6. Core

Jacknot3d

Jacknot3d, Apr 1, 2013
    martinp likes this.
  7. Core

cavistio

Here is mine :)
    Yes yes, 1280x1024 resolution sucks, I really need a new monitor.
    [​IMG]

cavistio, Apr 3, 2013
  8. Core

themarksquared

Mine's very simple, although it's very cluttered. I seriously need to do some cleaning up, because I really hate being messy. Yes, I know that this peeve of mine doesn't reflect in my desktop screenshot, but trust me, I have a big obsessive-compulsive disorder on cleanliness.
    Also, I'm sorry but I believe I forgot where I found my wallpaper. If I can remember correctly, it was on an imageboard about wallpapers. If I can find the source, I'll edit this reply and place the link here. Thanks!

Attached Files:

themarksquared, May 19, 2013
  9. Core

davehc

No disrespect, themarksquared,. I have seen worst than yours! I know from your posts you are happy with windows 8, but I do wonder, when I see screens like that, how those users can complain about the Metro start menu!
    There is one experienced poster I know, (on another forum) who is constantly offering tips on how to avoid the metro, which he hates. He has 52 icons on his legacy desktop, plus four5 constructed extra toolbars!!!!

davehc, May 20, 2013
  10. Core

themarksquared

None taken. I agree that my desktop looks very messy and I hate it. When I was still using Windows 7, I had a very clean desktop and I didn't have a single shortcut on it. It was basically used for wallpaper eye-candy. If I have the time and the energy, I'd love to clean up my current desktop.

I'm sorry, but I'm quite confused about your second statement, which I edited in bold. I'm sorry for the hassle, but may I ask for some clarification? Thank you.

Oh, and yes, I love the Windows 8, especially the Metro interface. Unfortunately, I'm a tile-freak and I have all of my 40+ games on my Metro interface. I hope no one gets offended by this, but I find it really funny when I hear people complaining about the Metro UI being so cluttered with big-ass tiles, and when I see their desktops, it's full of shortcuts and files!

themarksquared, May 20, 2013
  11. Core

davehc

The Metro start menu, which is what I prefer to call it (No way is it a "desktop"), is a graphical array of icons. I know they are square, too large, and, therefore, ugly. But the main complaint appears to be there representation of shortcuts. As I said, alternative, and popular, suggestions, are to have a similar mass of icons on the legacy desktop. It is, obviously, the way I see it, but, why bother when you already have them.

Anyway, encouraging to read that you, like myself, do like the desktop to be clean!!!!! I think it goes with the instinct also. My family often comment, sometimes sarcastically, on the incredibly tidiness of my physical desktop --lol

davehc, May 20, 2013
  12. Core

crazycroc

Woah I like how a lot of you chose the color scheme to match your Wallpaper.

crazycroc, May 28, 2013
  13. Core

adamsmith

this looks awesome as plain as it should ans as stripped as it must be not sure how long it's going to stay on my desktop display if i fix it there .. but the theme is really nice..

adamsmith, Jun 6, 2013
  14. Core

themarting

mine cycles through a collection of jaguar etype wallpapers. They remind me to stop playing games and get some actual work done so i can afford one some day.

themarting, Oct 23, 2013
  15. Core

MyDigitalpoint

I was really happy to see that Windows 8 did not come with the ton of useless backgrounds that other Windows versions included.

However now I'm missing to have a variety of backgrounds to choose from, but still seeking to find a good place to get some good ones before sharing a screenshot with you.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 12, 2013
  16. Core

davehc

Just curiosity. Which ones did you find were missing, from those in previous OSs?
    I cannot fully recall but they seem to be all there.

davehc, Nov 13, 2013
  17. Core

TehZap

Untitled.png

TehZap, Nov 21, 2013
  18. Core

themarting

I need to take a screenshot of mine. Ive actually started it cycling through more than just Jaguar wallpeprs, added some skyrim and other gaming wallpapers in

The only icons i have on my desktop are a folder for all the games, and the recycle bin.

themarting, Nov 21, 2013
  19. Core

JC8865

I like a clean desktop...wich is why I really like the metro screen keeps everything off my desktop..

Attached Files:

JC8865, Jan 24, 2014
  20. Core

JC8865

Metro screen background..

Attached Files:

JC8865, Jan 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question