Windows 8 Boot Error.?

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Ganesh Ujwal

Ganesh Ujwal

When I try to boot In to Windows 8. It gives me This Message. Boot configuration data is missing

File: \BCD
    Error code: 0xc0000034

The selected disk is not a fixed MBR disk.
    The active command can only be used on fixed MBR disks.

I tried this method on an another computer using the same HD, Since My Acer V5 is locked. The Bios Password has been forgotten. Also if anyone knows, What is that BIOS PASSWORD HINT number on acer Laptops.?

Can Anyone please tell me how to Fix this problem.

Ganesh Ujwal, Feb 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Ganesh Ujwal

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

The ability to remove a hard disk from one computer and put it into another and expect it to boot properly is very limited and may not work at all as in your case.
    The error you are receiving regarding
    Maybe an accurate error, in that the disk you removed might not be an MBR disk at all, but rather a GPT disk.
    Attaching it to another working computer by means of a USB docking station or cables intended for such purpose and examining the properties of the disk, might reveal more information as to the actual disk configuration and whether or not it is functional at all.
    As far as your BIOS Password lock is concerned you may have to actually contact Acer to see if they have a solution.
    Short of disconnecting it from all power sources including the motherboard CMOS battery (or possibly a BIOS jumper somewhere on the motherboard), I don't think that there is anything an end user can do to overcome that.
    SOURCE: http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowle...ow-Acer-can-help-when-you-run-into/ta-p/37953

Trouble, Feb 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question