Windows 8 - are they trying to drive me to Mac? Hilarious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SIW2, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SIW2

SIW2

SIW2, Mar 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. SIW2

clifford (c_c)

LOL - That was so funny. :)

Usually I don't care for the comment as it is a known trolling comment. You could see the sencerity in his expression after being totally lost within Windows 8.

clifford, Mar 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. SIW2

SIW2

Yes, it is funny - the guy is a good sport to let it be shown.

That is a real everyday user.

Microsoft really should take note of this kind of thing.

SIW2, Mar 13, 2012
  4. SIW2

LosAngelesLover

He's got a point when he doesn't know how to go back to the Start Menu, that took me ages!

LosAngelesLover, May 6, 2012
  5. SIW2

Victor Leigh

I think if I had a cam running when I first installed Windows 8, I would have recorded something not that far different. Maybe if Microsoft had embedded a auto webcam recording utility into the installation process of Windows 8, there would be a lot more of such scenes being recorded.

Victor Leigh, May 7, 2012
  6. SIW2

Alex19

That is funny .. but for the old people isn`t. Microsoft should know this before they released a total different operation system than the ones before. For old people is like changing their whole world ..

Alex19, Jun 4, 2012
  7. SIW2

Flugelman

Drive me to Mac, indeed. I'm an old guy but I'm not a neophyte, been in IT as a second career, and even used Windows V1 on a PC in the early 80's, but I was in the same boat with this guy. Took me only a couple of hours to decide to unload 8 and get back to 7.

Flugelman, Jun 8, 2012
  8. SIW2

davehc

I am trying to figure out ways to make the Metro look like a graphical Windows 7 start menu. I have moved the Metro applications off the start, and made a few folders. I am now trying to find a way to collapse the folders so that the space is better utilised.

Attached Files:

davehc, Jun 8, 2012
  9. SIW2

Victor Leigh

I don't really quite understand why we are trying to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7. The two versions of Windows are different things designed for different purposes.

Victor Leigh, Jun 9, 2012
  10. SIW2

Michael Phan

The video is a perfect example of how windows 8 is not user-friendly enough for those who have less knowledge of computers. Microsoft should add an option to run the desktop first instead of the metro menu. They should also add a start menu button like in all versions of Windows. The purpose of windows 8 is for tablets but since its also going to be available on the normal desktops, Microsoft should implement these features to make the experience a lot easier for everyone.

Michael Phan, Jun 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question