Windows 8 App Store

Discussion in 'Software' started by Trouble, May 1, 2013.

1. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Seems there is some unrest among some App Store developers regarding Ad Revenue that they depend on to support their efforts.
    And apparently, no information or answers coming in the form of an explanation from Microsoft.

That should add some interesting drama to the Build Conference coming at the end of next Month.
    Read more here
    Thread topics from Pub Center here
    and here

Trouble, May 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Another nail in the coffin. For a struggling platform, this isn't exactly great news.

Core, May 2, 2013
    Trouble likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

deathrow96

I'm a developer on iOS/Android and quite frankly this is the sort of thing why we don't branch out to the windows phones.

deathrow96, May 17, 2013
  4. Trouble

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Yeah... I am working on iOS and Android applications for my brother's company, and someone asked if we were going to release the same app for Windows Phone. All I could do was chuckle and say, "Yeah I don't think so."

Core, May 17, 2013
  5. Trouble

themarksquared

Quite a bad move for Microsoft. They should know that even if the store is growing, it's at a very slow rate, and having problems like this is not good for the growth of the store. Problems like this will drive developers away since their efforts wouldn't be compensated with money. Fix this Microsoft. That's the least you can do for your app developers.

themarksquared, May 21, 2013
  6. Trouble

chitownguypaulo

Yeah, I was checking and comparing the Windows App store to the Mac App store. As well as the Google Play store. And there's a huge difference in quantity of apps available. Still on the fence whether to get Windows (easy-to-use; doesn't break often) or whether to get a Mac (only issue I have with Macs, once it breaks - it really breaks).

chitownguypaulo, May 22, 2013
  7. Trouble

Tyelander

I got confused when I used the store for the first time. I guess I just need to get used to the new layout and what not. Haven't bought any apps or games from the shop yet though, might get some to see what its like when I have spare money to "throw away".

Tyelander, May 24, 2013
  8. Trouble

mintpp

Things like this aren't going to help Microsoft's struggling app ecosystem close the gap to iPhone/iPad and Android. If developers are this hesitant to make apps for Windows, it can't be a good sign for the future.

mintpp, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question