Windows 8 advances amid the OS ranks

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Nivlac, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Nivlac

Nivlac

The latest version of Windows takes a bite out of the desktop operating system market with a 7.4 percent share of Web traffic in August, according to monthly stats from Net Applications.

Windows 8 appears to be picking up the pace in the desktop OS market.

The latest data from Net Applications, which tracks usage share of desktop and mobile operating systems and browsers, shows Window 8 with 7.4 percent of all desktop OS Web traffic in August. That's a big step up from the 5.4 percent share Windows 8 had in July.

Nivlac, Sep 24, 2013
    Sugarhill likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Nivlac

Sugarhill

I'm sure some will say that it's only due to new computer sales, but I really hope people are taking the time to see for themselves whether 8 is the OS they can or can't use.

I think a lot of people are simply taking the words of the people they consider the "true techies" in their life.

Sugarhill, Sep 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Nivlac

Shaun Hill

7.4 percent doesn't seem like that high of a market share. I think the problem is that many people find Windows 7 good enough for their needs and don't see too many reasons to upgrade to Windows 8. I, personally, love Windows 8 due its fast boot time and touch screen capabilities. I think a lot of other people are holding out until Windows 9 is released in a year or two.

Shaun Hill, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question