Windows 8.1 wont boot,not showing logo also.

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Venkat, May 28, 2014.

1. Venkat

Venkat

Helllo,
    I am having a pc with a dual boot.I have both windows 8.1 and xp.They worked fine.But from yesterday windows 8.1 wont boot.I thought it was black screen of death but no cursor is showing and even the logo is not showing up.When i click on windows 8.1 its jst showing a black screen.No logo its not loading totally.Plzz Help me and dont talk about formatting please.I have many important softwares please help me.Also i have xp working.

Venkat, May 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Venkat

bassfisher6522

You can boot in to XP? If so, while in XP does the partition with 8.1 on it show up in "my computer" area? If it does can you access the partition and browse through the files/folders? If you can, then backup/save everything of value....pictures, documents and any software you have installed.

I found these to repair your dual boot setup....not sure if it will work or not but give it a shot.

http://www.boyans.net/DualBootRepair.html

http://www.boyans.net/dual-boot-repair-tool-for-windows-8.1-update.html

bassfisher6522, May 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Venkat

Venkat

Yes I have access to it.Its not the problem of dual boot becoz before i could access to win 8.1.I have easyBCD.I already tried it.

Venkat, May 28, 2014
  4. Venkat

bassfisher6522

OK...good luck!

bassfisher6522, May 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question