Windows 8.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by davehc, Oct 17, 2013.

1. davehc

MyDigitalpoint

Anyone having trouble with the upgrade?

I have read some horror stories claiming that after upgrading to Windows 8.1 they were unable to connect to the web, or having other issues.

I'm still receiving messages inviting me to upgrade, but still fearing what to do next if my Internet connection stops working.

It's of vital importance to me stay connected.

MyDigitalpoint, Oct 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. davehc

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I didn't have any problems. It took fifty billion years but I haven't really come across any big issues.

On the flip side, nothing seems mind-blowingly different/better, either, but then again I don't use it as my main computer.

Core, Oct 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. davehc

MyDigitalpoint

This is what really scares me, with my other laptop broken, and my tablet not working correctly either, this computer is actually my main, and I wouldn't like to be knocked out by any issue resulting from upgrading.

However if there aren't too much differences or improvement, I think I will better wait. After all, I'm just starting with Windows 8, too much things to learn still :)

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 2, 2013
  4. davehc

themarting

SO, has anyone figured out how to get around that BS where it will not let you upgrade because you moved your user folder off of your SSD onto an HDD?

themarting, Nov 7, 2013
  5. davehc

harshal360

I wouldn't recommend the upgrade. It messed up my internet and a lot of other things. The only thing I liked about the new Windows is the start button. It has a nice new look and the entire operating system feels more elegant and smooth with the update. As soon as they get rid of all the bugs then I will update again. This is a huge problem with Windows recently, it was with Windows 8 as well they do not test their products enough to make sure they are bug free. I really hope that they start doing this in the future as it will be very nice since I do not have to upgrade and downgrade after due to a compatibility or other issue.

harshal360, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question