Windows 8.1 Update 1 ISOs Also Coming

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by davidhk129, Mar 22, 2014.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129

Windows 8.1 Update 1 ISOs Also Coming

excerpt.................
    It appears however that full ISOs with Windows 8.1 Update 1 are also on their way, with the new documentation showing that Microsoft is working on what it’s being called “Windows 8.1 Update full media release.”

Chances are that these ISOs are going to be released to MSDN subscribers in early April, most likely before the debut of the BUILD developer conference, thus giving devs a chance to try out the operating system and provide feedback to the company live during the event.

Windows 8.1 Update 1 ISOs would basically allow a clean install of the operating system without the need for Windows 8.1, which means that it can also be deployed on new computers and tablets before they are shipped to users. The ISOs are very likely to come in multiple languages and versions, just like it was the case of Windows and 8.1, so don’t be too surprised if they leak to the web in the coming weeks, before the public launch of the operating system.

davidhk129, Mar 22, 2014
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

Trellum

Awesome! But do you any idea of the improvements or ''fixes'' we will see in this update? I hope we see the start menu coming back, but I highly doubt it. I think most users who have been using this OS for as long as I have... are already getting used to it. I'm actually happy with how fast the OS loads!

Trellum, Mar 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

Jim

I downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft but when I tried to install my Key was invalid. I had to Install Windows 8 ISO then update to 8.1 from the store then install Update 1. If Windows 8.1 ISO would not work I don't see why Windows 8.1 Update 1 ISO would either.

Jim

Jim, May 30, 2014
  4. davidhk129

davidhk129

RE : I downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft but when I tried to install my Key was invalid.
    Too late for you now. However, for you information only.....
    You were supposed to use a generic product key to install, then use your genuine Win 8 product key to activate.
    What is " generic product key " ?
    I am not sure I am allowed to disclose that info in this forum. But it is no secret. You can ask around.

RE : If Windows 8.1 ISO would not work I don't see why Windows 8.1 Update 1 ISO would either.
    Well, we don't have to worry about that.
    The Win 8.1.1 ISO is available ONLY to MSDN subscribers. We, the general public won't get to see it.

davidhk129, May 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question