windows 8.1 remote desktop ?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clement, Mar 28, 2016.

1. clement

clement

Hello community, I'm having an issue with my Windows 8.1 desktop and remote desktop .

I'm trying to access my desktop windows 8.1 from my laptop ( win7) via remote desktop .

I'm totally unable to access this PC via Remote desktop from my laptop on LAN computer ( private network), . I have enabled remote control from System properties>remote, and allow computer to be controllled remotely in the advanced tab. I also deactivated my firewall for all networks. I can ping this machine successfully from the LAN and it has internet access ( I currenly use Teamviewer to access it ) When I attempt a remote desktop from my own laptop ( same LAN as my windows 8.1 problematic computer), I analyze the communicatuoin via Wireshark and see that the windows 8.1 systematically reset the connection via a RST.ACK packet in response to the ACK from my laptop ( tcp.port 3389). the folder sharing works just fine , i.e. the windows 8.1 can share its folder I'm able to access my laptop using the RDP FROM the Windows 8.1 I created two admin account on the windows 8.1 machine , they both have password enabled Does anyone have an idea on what i should try next ?

I have tried on another windows 8.1 and same problem : unable to control this PC via RDP from another PC .

Many thanks for your help .

clement, Mar 28, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question