Windows 8.1 Pro desktop & Windows 8.1 netbook HomeGroup issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by brkkab123, Dec 12, 2013.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

I'm having numerous issue's with HomeGroup on my Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center x64 desktop pc. Issue # 1. The modern ui pc settings for HomeGroup are freezing up when I try to turn on sharing my documents, music, pictures and videos. The icon just keep's on spinning forever for each one. Issue #2. The desktop version of HomeGroup on the desktop show's everything being shared. The Modern ui HomeGroup settings don't. The 2 screenshots show what I mean. Issue #3. My netbook with Windows 8.1 can see my desktop pc's HomeGroup, has the correct password, but can't join the HomeGroup. I just got the new netbook Friday and it's been like this since I got it. I'm running Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 on both pc's and both are fully updated.

Attached Files:

brkkab123, Dec 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

brkkab123

Pretty good, Microsoft's Online Chat support agent took control of my pc yesterday morning. He couldn't fix it apparently. He check all my settings in Windows. They're all correct, as I had them. He ran sfc /scannow. Nothing as I already did that. He downloaded and ran Autoruns, Process Explore and Process Monitor and found nothing. I had already run all 3 numerous times. When I've run a full CheckDisk it find's nothing.He restarted my pc twice into the Recovery area twice and left it there each time for over 15 minutes, without any sort of response to me. Way to go Microsoft. Not wasting my time on any more clean install's. If I do, it will be of Ubuntu, not Windows, as Microsoft obviously doesn't give a shit about it's customer's any more. It's quite apparent that this HomeGroup issue is a 8.1 bug.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    brkkab123, Dec 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question