Windows 8.1 on ssd

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Floored, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Floored

Floored

Hi I have loaded 8.1 onto my new PC's SSD drive I have another 3tb drive in the system
    My problem is I want to use the 3tb drive for ALL data including profiles etc
    I have followed instructions on the net that caused a reload of the OS
    Can anyone advise me on the correct way to get this working

Please help

Thanks

Floored, Jun 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Floored

brkkab123

Just move the Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos folders to the 3.0 TB. h.d. Do so, after Windows 8/8.1 is installed. Right-click on each folder, click on Properties, Location and point each to the location on the 3.0 TB. h.d. after creating each folder on it with the same name (Documents, Downloads, etc..). I've got the same setup - 256GB. ssd and a 3.0TB. h.d. I made a folder named Users, one with my name inside it and the rest inside that one. Example D:\Users\Your Name\Documents, etc..Then right click each folder and change the location to D:\Your Name\Documents , etc...

brkkab123, Jun 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question