Windows 8.1 custom refresh image help needed

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by brkkab123, Nov 1, 2013.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

I did a custom refresh image in Windows 8.1, due to the fact trying to make a system image in 8.1 fails at the end. After, I've made the custom refresh image, 8.1 has started freezing up repeatedly. How do I restore the custom refresh image off of my eSATA external h.d. ?

brkkab123, Nov 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Typically you would just do a system Refresh.
    What are you showing for your current image path and name?
    recimg /showcurrent
    Is it what you want it to point to?
    If not you may need to /deregister
    and then /setcurrent to the proper path and image name
    then do another /showcurrent to make sure it's correct.
    I think there used to be a /register command as well but I think now it has been deprecated.

Trouble, Nov 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

I tried the refresh and everything is unstable. A lot of the store apps that were working aren't now. Some of them don't even list a uninstall option. PC is frequently freezing up, even though all software and driver's are currnet. My new ram come's on Tuesday. I'm thinking of doing a clean install then and this time not moving my contacts, downloads, documents, music, pictures, searches, saved games and videos, until after 8.1 is installed. They'll still physically be on my 3 tb. drive, but I'm going to leave in unplugged until 8.1 is installed. I'm also gonna temporarily put 7 on my vertex 3, so I can wipe my Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb. before reinstalling 8 and 8.1. I would do it tomorrow, but I'd rather just unhook everything once.

brkkab123, Nov 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question