Win8 explored

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by davehc, May 27, 2012.

1. davehc

davehc

davehc, May 27, 2012
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. davehc

brkkab123

Thanks DaveHC. It would've been nice if they also did Win 8 CP x64 as the x64 version is going to be the most used at the release of Windows 8 by most people.

brkkab123, May 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. davehc

davehc

From the point of view, and purpose, of the PDF, I dont't think there is any significant difference in 64/32.

davehc, May 27, 2012
  4. davehc

Ian Administrator

When they said "forensics guide" they weren't kidding! Should be very useful to app developers and those after some in-depth customisation - great find Dave!

Ian, May 27, 2012
  5. davehc

brkkab123

Yeah, all it is, is a review of the first 2 32 bit versions of Windows 8. It's not really going to mean much in any regards. A: It's not the finished product. B: It's not what most people are going to buy right away, when the final version is released. Most current notebook and desktop user's that have any pc made after the summer of 2005 are gonna want a 64 bit version. The 32 bit reviews are only truly good for the Windows 8 RT customer's. I don't see many customer's their, as it's basically the twin to Windows Vista's and 7's Starter version's Especially considering Microsoft only allows IE to be used as the browser in that version. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. are all locked out of that version. That version is going to flop, just for that reason alone.

brkkab123, May 27, 2012
  6. davehc

davehc

With respect, I think you are drifting from the document. Have you actually looked through it?. 64/32Bit is not a major consideration. There are, of course, in 64BIt, one or two extra folders for compatibility. Other than that, the document goes into a great deal of detail concerning the layout of the many new folders, and their purpose. -That applies to both "bits" It is far from a mere "review". Have a look, as a small example, around pages 40.. onwards, and consider whether they come under that heading.

davehc, May 27, 2012
  7. davehc

brkkab123

I just glanced through it.I'm no longer runnign W8 CP on this pc as the RP is next week. The way it looks now for me. I don't think I'm gonna bother getting 8 and then have to pay to get the same WMP & WMC I already have in 7. I haven't personally seen enough to warrant upgrading to it on my desktop pc. I may pre-order it, but it will be out 6 months before I install it.

brkkab123, May 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question