Will you upgrade to Windows 8 as soon as it is released?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ian, May 17, 2011.

1. Ian

NickJ

I never used Vista, but some friends of mine had it at their office. Thing would crash out of nowhere when typing up important documents and such. And then reboot. They claimed it happened to the whole office every 2 months or so. All I know is, when I was using XP, the only time it crashed on me was when my hard drive and PSU went bad. Windows 7 hasn't crashed yet to this very day.

NickJ, Oct 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

You just said earlier in this thread that you
    So which is it?

Core, Oct 26, 2012
    lucasbytegenius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

NickJ

I had purchased Vista but hadn't gotten around to installing it yet. That's when I found out about the constant crashing from my friends. So I decided against even using Vista, and just sold the unopened copy on ebay.

NickJ, Oct 27, 2012
  4. Ian

lucasbytegenius

It still sounds like you said you had installed Vista as soon or nearly as soon as it came out.

I've never heard of this issue before with Vista, especially regular crashes every two months. The only issues I heard people having with Vista was its memory consumption (which wasn't really Vista's fault, people installed it on computers that couldn't handle it) and things being moved around.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 27, 2012
  5. Ian

NickJ

All I know is it freaked me out. That's the last thing I wanna hear about an OS, it crashes for no reason. Maybe they had it hooked up wrong network wise at their office? But either way, it spooked me enough to just wait patiently for windows 7 to be released lol.

NickJ, Oct 28, 2012
  6. Ian

lucasbytegenius

Well the problem is XP could have done the same thing to some random person and you could have not upgraded to that either, which is very illogical in my opinion.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 29, 2012
  7. Ian

NickJ

I've heard of the BSOD happening in XP. But the issue is usually caused I've learned from most people by bad PSU's or Hard drives. I don't think I've heard of someone's xp just restarting on it's own without it being a hardware issue or a bad disc. Or updates that didn't agree with the OS.

NickJ, Oct 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question