Will you still use another AV?

Discussion in 'Security' started by lucasbytegenius, Oct 6, 2012.

1. lucasbytegenius

sking61

I actually do use AVG. I plan to switch to Avast. You can never be too safe.

sking61, May 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. lucasbytegenius

mintpp

I have a two-year/5 PC subscription to Norton 360's service for my family, so I may as well put it to use. Plus, I've always felt more comfortable using their products than what Microsoft puts out.

mintpp, May 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. lucasbytegenius

crazycroc

That's also what I'm using however I've recently seen that it does not score very well in comparison to some other AV programs however for me performance is a lot bigger issue than detection because I tend not to get many viruses anyways.

crazycroc, May 14, 2013
  4. lucasbytegenius

themarksquared

I personally believe that MSE is enough for me. All I want is a simple, and user-friendly anti-virus. I don't need advanced settings in order to do some tweaking. I just want to click once, and start scanning.

themarksquared, May 15, 2013
  5. lucasbytegenius

deathrow96

MSE seems to be perfect for me, I had so many issues with kapersky and AVG has slowly turned terrible. Norton interfered too much with gaming as well so that was a no go.

deathrow96, May 17, 2013
  6. lucasbytegenius

crazycroc

I agree, it feels like I start with one program and then after a few new version releases it turns into something I no longer want.

crazycroc, May 28, 2013
  7. lucasbytegenius

Tyelander

I like AVG. It's free and I don't have one virus on my computer at the moment. I do weekly scans and it protects me from everything that may be harmful towards my PC.

Tyelander, May 29, 2013
  8. lucasbytegenius

inb4

Probably just an additional firewall. You can't ever be too safe with your internet traffic, especially if you are plagued with an unknown virus, or when you're infected without knowing.

inb4, May 30, 2013
  9. lucasbytegenius

silverslayer33

Windows Defender is currently working well enough on its own for me. I can't really say it's on its own though, because I do take certain measures aside from an antivirus to prevent my computer from becoming infected. I use an adblocker (although ads really shouldn't be the source of malware), I don't download files from sketchy sites or users (I use Web of Trust to stay on more trusted sites, and if those sites have review systems for files, then I'm more likely to trust them), and if the file itself seems suspicious (overly large or small for what it's supposed to do, odd name, has too many resource files for things it shouldn't or has too few resource files for things it should) I don't use it. So far I believe that I've received no viruses or malware (my computer hasn't been misbehaving and none of my accounts anywhere have been compromised), so I'm confident that my methods are currently working. I'll probably end up being that one unfortunate guy, though, that gets some extremely simple virus that Windows Defender won't pick up but any other antivirus would.

silverslayer33, Jun 4, 2013
  10. lucasbytegenius

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

I don't really like bundled software. I feel restricted in that sense. I always like to load alternatives. ESET, Firefox, Thunderbird, Winamp, VLC... The only MS software I use outside of Windows is Office. And that is mostly because I work in the IT sector, and I frequently need to help people with their Office suites. So I keep office installed on my PC to keep in practice.

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jun 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question