Why is there still a lot of errors in the OS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueDragon, May 25, 2013.

1. BlueDragon

BlueDragon

I thought Windows 8 is done with the errors but why are the errors like Windows 8 can't show pictures or photos and showing errors? Window 8 is more slow than Window 7 that I used before Window 8.

BlueDragon, May 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. BlueDragon

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Some interesting observations, albeit somewhat less than 100% accurate generally. Although likely, on the money in your particular experience.
    The fact, that your installation is producing "errors" as well as "more slow" than your previous version of Windows would likely suggest that either you have a badly corrupted installation or a badly infected installation or both, one the consequence of the other.
    There is more missing from your post than included. Is this a new machine? Is this a clean install or upgrade? Has it always behaved in this way since the installation or upgrade? Have you scanned it for HDD issues, have you scanned it for memory issues, have you scanned it for system file issues, have you scanned it for virus and malware infections, etc., etc., etc.,

It may be time to start over with a backup and clean install, especially if this was an upgrade, as those are often fraught with complicated issues that may be difficult if not impossible to sort through.
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, May 25, 2013
    NemesisUK likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. BlueDragon

ksam911

Thats funny because I was having problems with my wi-fi network repeatedly. It weird because it was working on other devices and I had to keep restarting it over time and time again once in a while to get the signal back. Now one of those times the computer was taking forever like it was processing something but nothing happened and I’ve decided to shut it down directly on the power button.

After that, it would just go to the Dell logo screen and then begin directly with the sad face and error message. From there it went to automatic repair. It would not fix anything and the process would repeat itself.

I ended up calling a pro to get it fixed. *sigh*

ksam911, May 30, 2013
  4. BlueDragon

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

Fact of the matter is that Windows 8 is a new OS. Thus, it will have a lot of errors. Its the same as what happened with Vista. Vista was the test run, took all the flak, and then 7 came and perfected most of the issues. Windows 9 is going to correct most of Windows 8's errors (that is, if Win 8.1 doesn't do that already)

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jun 5, 2013
    jodiann12 likes this.
  5. BlueDragon

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

I honestly wish Microsoft had designed even the Upgrade to function as a clean install, with some modest document transfer functionality. Upgrading has never been a good idea, versus a clean install. But, here we are.

Core, Jun 6, 2013
  6. BlueDragon

hmol222

When something new comes along there is always teething problems. It happens with consoles, cars and even computers many of them will have problems that weren't expected at the time of manufacturing, it is just something that happens and manufacturers can't actually take into account all possibilities.

hmol222, Jun 6, 2013
  7. BlueDragon

mikelouis

But now I think they have learnt about the bugs and got them fixed. Upgrade to Windows 8.1 to enjoy a relatively bug free OS.

mikelouis, Oct 15, 2013
  8. BlueDragon

Sugarhill

If you're still having problems with your wifi, you need to go into your power settings. 8 is set up to standby your signal whenever it thinks you're idle.

Sugarhill, Oct 15, 2013
  9. BlueDragon

jodiann12

If there are a lot of errors on with Windows 8, then I don't think it's worth the trouble trying it out right now. I will wait when they kinks straightened out before I decide to use it. I don't want to risk destroying my computer while trying out this new operating system.

jodiann12, Oct 17, 2013
  10. BlueDragon

Sugarhill

But, there really isn't an abundance of errors with 8 right now, certainly no more than what was with 7.

Sugarhill, Oct 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question