Why Can't I Search in the App Store?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RomanAnthonysMama, Aug 31, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

The other day I went to the Window's 8 app store in order to download a specific application, but I couldn't find a search option in order to find the specific application I wanted. If I use the search option on the sidebar that comes up with the start menu, would that bring me to app results that meet my query? If they don't have a search option in the app store by now, then I definitely think they should add one as an update! It'd be so much easier! But I know it's probably there, and I am just not seeing it.

RomanAnthonysMama, Aug 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. RomanAnthonysMama

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

If you just launch the "Store" App from your Start Screen and just start typing you should see the focus of the auto search highlight as "Store" and if you click the little Search Icon (magnifying glass) you should get a list of what is in the store associated with your search criteria.
    Try just typing
    Barnes and Noble
    you should see the "Nook" App with a few more included.
    You can actually do the same thing right from your start screen just type what you want to search for and then click on "Store"
    Hope that helps.
    Be mindful that in some rare instances Apps or available based on geographic locations so you may not see everything in all search results.

Trouble, Aug 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question