Where to Download Themes or Backgrounds?

Discussion in 'Customization' started by MyDigitalpoint, Dec 11, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

I was trying to customize my desktop, but whenever I want to change a color scheme, wallpaper or a theme, I'm given with the 2 or 3 options included with the system and the option to setup manually others by customizing myself, adding pictures from my library.

However I don't use any images library when it comes to Windows. I have always hated the "my documents," "my this and my that" so I store my graphics elsewhere.

But it's not about where I have the graphics, the question is, is there any downloadable theme, color schemes of wallpaper directly from Microsoft?

I know there are sites that have backgrounds and wallpapers, but I would like to be able to retrieve them automatically from Microsoft and I don't see how.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MyDigitalpoint

airplayne

When you go into the screen to customize your desktop there is a link to "get more themes online." Clicking on this will take you to a site that has a myriad of themes and backgrounds to choose from.

airplayne, Dec 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Oh, I didn't see the link!

I though it would be in the left sidebar or just below the theme icons, but just realize it's a small text link on the right edge.

Thanks for the heads up :)

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 11, 2013
  4. MyDigitalpoint

Sly14Cat

A really nice place for wallpapers is Desktoppr.co and wallbase.cc. I've been able to find a lot of nice wallpapers here, maybe you might want to add some to make some custom theme. Have fun.

Sly14Cat, Dec 17, 2013
  5. MyDigitalpoint

samkostka

I know DeviantART is a great place for wallpapers as well, and if you see an artist you like, you can often commission them to make something specific.

samkostka, Dec 23, 2013
  6. MyDigitalpoint

airplayne

You can also setup your own slideshows. You just put a bunch of photos you want to use in a specific folder and then click on "Desktop Background" link at the bottom of the "Personalization" window. Then just point it at the folder you have placed the photos you want to use.

airplayne, Dec 23, 2013
  7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Thank you guys, I got several nice themes from the source you pointed me at and have created different slideshows that are now making my desktop less boring :D

MyDigitalpoint, Jan 2, 2014
  8. MyDigitalpoint

fireinyourwords

I'm sure your desktop is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than what I had at work for the longest time. There was a meme of Scarlet Johanssen falling down, and someone photoshopped her as a mermaid riding a dolphin. It was a cheesy pic, but it made me laugh every time I looked at it.

fireinyourwords, Jan 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question