When do you think they'll update their app store?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by RomanAnthonysMama, Sep 29, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I don't mind Window's 8, and I think it comes equipped with some pretty cool default apps, but every time I go to look for an app in the app store, they don't really have much. Plus I can never find a search option to search for anything in there. It just seems like the choices are really limited. I wish they had of added more before they released it. Has anyone heard if they're going to be building more apps anytime soon?

RomanAnthonysMama, Sep 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. RomanAnthonysMama

brkkab123

It's already been updated by Microsoft. Problem is, they only updated it for Windows 8.1. 8.1 will be a free download for Windows 8 user's and will be available on October 17th. Windows 7, Vista and XP user's will have to buy 8.1 and wait until October 18th to get it. If you have a MSFT or Technet account, you can get it now.

brkkab123, Sep 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. RomanAnthonysMama

davidhk129

For Windows XP and Vista users, please read the following articles:

Installation of 8.1 on XP and Vista PCs: 'Not Recommended'
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9242473/Microsoft_won_t_discount_Windows_8.1_upgrades
    excerpt......
    Another change from last year in today's announcement was Microsoft's declaration that Windows 8.1 is not suitable for Windows XP or Vista.

"Windows 8.1 is not designed for installation on devices running Windows XP or Windows Vista," said LeBlanc, who also said an upgrade from those older editions was "not recommended."

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=6956
    excerpt :
    Users of Windows XP and Vista will also be able to install the Windows 8.1 "full version software," but Microsoft is not even "recommending" that they do so.

"Windows 8.1 is not designed for installation on devices running Windows XP or Windows Vista. Although not designed or recommended for devices running Windows XP or Windows Vista, consumers still wanting to upgrade from Windows XP or Windows Vista should buy the retail DVD instead of using the download and boot from the DVD to do a clean install of Windows 8.1," LeBlanc said.
    "Note: files, settings and programs will not transfer -- Consumers will need to back up their files and settings, perform clean installation, and then reinstall their files, settings and programs."

http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/09/microsoft-windows-8-1-cost-119.html
    excerpt:
    Though the software is not recommended or designed for devices running Windows XP or Windows Vista, Microsoft says it can be installed using the DVD version. However, files, settings and programs will need to be backed up and reinstalled after installing Windows 8.1.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    davidhk129, Sep 29, 2013
  4. RomanAnthonysMama

davehc

I am using Windows 8.1 RTM and am ( almost) prepared to have it as my main OS.
    My complaint is quite the opposite. I have very little use for the Apps at the moment, but I have found that the store, now, is so large, and sub categorised, that it is just as easy, if not easier, to google for whatever you want.

Store.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    davehc, Sep 29, 2013
  5. RomanAnthonysMama

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I assume the apps still run in forced full-screen?

Core, Sep 29, 2013
  6. RomanAnthonysMama

davehc

Oh yes. Not a problem

davehc, Sep 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question