what is a good registry cleaner for windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by musky123, Jan 7, 2015.

1. musky123

musky123

what is a good registry cleaner for windows 8.1

musky123, Jan 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. musky123

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I'm not sure that any such animal actually exists. I think most people would agree that very often, so called "Registry Cleaners" cause more problems than they resolve and should probably be avoided.
    I can tell you, that from my personal experience the registry cleaner that comes bundled as part of Ccleaner from Piriform.com has proved to be harmless although I suspect that its' overall beneficial effects are minimal at best.

Generally speaking I would suggest steering clear of these types of programs but if you're determined to experiment with third party programs that claim to divine the intricacies of the Windows Registry, I would strongly recommend a good backup solution which includes the ability to image your system to provide a secure fall back position in the event of unexpected and unadvertised consequences.

Trouble, Jan 7, 2015
    musky123 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. musky123

Shintaro Moderator

I agree with Trouble.
    There is only so much a Registry Cleaner will do. At the end of the day Windows becomes so bloated and problematic that it looks like Jabba the Hut has moved in to you PC. And in that case, it is easier and more time efficient to re-install or as Trouble said re-image.

Shintaro, Jan 7, 2015
    Yuners and musky123 like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question