What do you think the new iPad Mini ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tchégéda, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Tchégéda

Tchégéda

Tchégéda, Oct 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Tchégéda

Tchégéda

308*(TVA : 19.6%) = 368.37€ and 385*(TVA:19.6%) = 460.46€
    The real price in France. Sorry. :(

Tchégéda, Oct 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Tchégéda

TheMightyEddy

I think Apple needs to stop trying so hard.

1. There's already an iPad. The size is perfect for everyone, why go smaller to almost the size of the Galaxy Note?

TheMightyEddy, Oct 14, 2012
  4. Tchégéda

Tchégéda

I think a small tablet is more practical in displacement or in vacation. There is a transportable tablet for the house and the tablet for the displacement.

IE 9 is obsolette :D
    IE9 is obsolette.jpg

Tchégéda, Oct 14, 2012
  5. Tchégéda

lucasbytegenius

I think everyone needs to realize that there's no specs released yet and that right now it could all be just a rumor, and the invite they sent out is for something else. There was an iPad mini rumor last year too that never amounted to anything.
    Thing is they don't try very much at all. They release a very good product and bam it's instantly international news and everyone wants to buy one, including me :p

lucasbytegenius, Oct 22, 2012
  6. Tchégéda

NickJ

I like that it's smaller. It'll fit better in my bag when I travel. Also, It'll be easier to hold while doing other things. I think this will also introduce the IPAD to younger people than the target audience. Who like smaller handheld devices. As opposed to the big clunky ones.

NickJ, Oct 25, 2012
  7. Tchégéda

lucasbytegenius

So you're getting one? Awesome.

And I don't know about the full-sized iPad being big and clunky, I know several of my younger friends who have purchased iPads simply because of the bigger screen and have no problems with it. I only bought an iPod touch though.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 27, 2012
  8. Tchégéda

NickJ

Yeah I'll get one eventually. Most likely online. I don't like to shop too much around the fall winter months. Lines are hella long.

NickJ, Oct 28, 2012
  9. Tchégéda

lucasbytegenius

Yeah I don't usually get my devices in stores too. I like getting them on Amazon the most, they usually have the lowest prices.

lucasbytegenius, Oct 29, 2012
  10. Tchégéda

NickJ

If it's something like an IPAD I'm going amazon.com. An iphone, mp3, or IPOD? I'd trust ebay enough to buy from them.

NickJ, Nov 7, 2012
  11. Tchégéda

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Ebay is where you sell something you dropped, cobbled the pieces and glued them back together.

Core, Nov 7, 2012
  12. Tchégéda

lucasbytegenius

I usually like to buy my stuff new so I get it off of Amazon, or see if I can find a good-rated seller on eBay selling brand new devices.
    Not really, some of the stuff on there is like that but not all.

lucasbytegenius, Nov 7, 2012
  13. Tchégéda

Victor Leigh

The way I see it, the size is just a marketing ploy. They can't very very well just drop the price on their standard-sized iPad but they need to put out something at a lower price to compete. So they concocted this marketing story about a smaller size and dropped the price accordingly.

Victor Leigh, Nov 8, 2012
  14. Tchégéda

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

The Mini is not a bad idea. In fact, it might even seduce me, and up until now I have had no interest in owning an iPad, mostly due to its size. My brother has an iPad 2 or 3 or whatever, and I've tried it a few times, but I really could not enjoy it because it's way too big and too heavy. Most of the time when I need to look something up while playing Skyrim, for example, I just use my iPhone, because thanks to Retina I see so much information at once that the size of the screen doesn't bother me.

If this Mini is about the size of three iPhones stacked together then it might be just pleasant enough to hold with just one hand, and I might go for it. Although I've heard that it doesn't have Retina, which is disappointing.

Core, Nov 8, 2012
  15. Tchégéda

NickJ

I actually just bought a computer tower from Ebay that works fine. You must buy from top-rated sellers only though. If it's not a top-rated seller, then don't bother. The stuff probably is damaged. Also small items like headphones and such are safe to buy from Ebay.

NickJ, Nov 8, 2012
  16. Tchégéda

lucasbytegenius

Your post seems to say that the iPad Mini doesn't exist, and that Apple's plan to come up with this is a marketing ploy and just a thing they absolutely need to compete with other tablet makers. It does exist, it's not a marketing ploy, and Apple didn't need to make one to keep up with the market, really.

lucasbytegenius, Nov 8, 2012
  17. Tchégéda

Victor Leigh

Sorry, if I gave that wrong impression. I know the iPad mini exists. What I am trying to say is that it doesn't have to exist. In my opinion, there is no real need for such a device. I am talking about a technical need. What the iPad mini actually does is just give Apple an excuse to sell at a lower price. That's all. Sort of like Microsoft selling a Home edition of Windows to cater for those who want to pay less.

Victor Leigh, Nov 9, 2012
  18. Tchégéda

NickJ

But people ended up paying a lot for Windows Home Edition anyways when it was first released. Because they had to buy a whole computer system along with it.

NickJ, Nov 9, 2012
  19. Tchégéda

lucasbytegenius

Oh I see. Yeah, there really isn't a need for it, I'm personally fine with the full-size iPad myself. Plus, I'd actually take the bigger iPad over the iPad mini any day because the iPad mini doesn't have a retina screen and that bothers me.
    I don't see how this is related.

lucasbytegenius, Nov 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question