What browser do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thatnewguy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Thatnewguy

Thatnewguy

Hey guys,

What browser does everybody currently use? Does anyone use Internet Explorer?

I personally use Google Chrome with multiple add-ons and I don't think I will be switching over anytime soon, I have thought about trying out Maxthon though. It looks pretty sleek.

Thatnewguy, Dec 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Thatnewguy

Dipsy

I'm a Firefox guy. Been using it for looooooong time now. Tried Chrome but just didn't like it and Internet Explorer is hardly ever opened.

Dipsy, Dec 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Thatnewguy

airplayne

I used to use Firefox, but then switched over to Chrome. I really like how integrated it is with your google account and you can open up a browser on any computer, log into your account and all your settings and bookmarks are right there.

I try to avoid IE as much as I can.

airplayne, Dec 5, 2013
  4. Thatnewguy

bsge11

Just recently switched to Chrome and am already having some problems. I switched back to Firefox and have no issues. I sometimes use Explorer but not that into it.

bsge11, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Thatnewguy

airplayne

What kind of problems were you having with Chrome?

airplayne, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Thatnewguy

MyDigitalpoint

Probably privacy issues, data manipulation, limited customization and having Chrome communicating with Google every now and then in an attempt to get them regulating the way you surf rather than you being free to do it.

I found all the above and more using Google Chrome but based on the fact that Chromium, the open source used to empower Google Chrome is really good and fast, I switched to SRWare Iron, that looks much like Chrome and uses the same plugins, but lacks of all the hassle.

There are several other Chromium-based browsers to choose from, including RocketMelt with enhanced social media features, or Comodo Dragon, with enhance security measures.

MyDigitalpoint, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Thatnewguy

bsge11

It would always load up really slow. Also it brings me to this search engine that I don't remember placing on my homescreen, do-search or something.

bsge11, Jan 3, 2014
  8. Thatnewguy

airplayne

If you are at all interested in using it again you can try going into the plugins area and disabling some until the performance improves. Although, a performance issue could also mean you have some unsavory software on your system that may need be cleaned off.

airplayne, Jan 3, 2014
  9. Thatnewguy

orz

FireFox, been using it for years and don't have any complains. Don't see myself switching over to Chrome anytime soon.

orz, Jan 7, 2014
  10. Thatnewguy

LindaKay

I use Google Chrome, but I would definitely use Firefox before I would use IE. For some reason, I really do not like that browser at all.

LindaKay, Jan 16, 2014
  11. Thatnewguy

Trellum

On the mobile I always use chrome, but on the laptop I always use chrome and Firefox. The latter is my favorite one tho, I only use the former to open sites and services that can't be easily accessed with Firefox.

Trellum, Feb 17, 2014
  12. Thatnewguy

Lithium

I like the Chrome browser because it is very simple and fast. I don't care about other things. I just need quick response times.

Lithium, Feb 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question