Weird now SecureBoot isn't working

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by brkkab123, Nov 12, 2013.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

I recently did a clean install of 7 Pro x64, 8 Pro w/M.C. x64 upgrade (told 8 Pro to keep nothing from 7) and then upgraded to 8.1 Pro w/M.C. x64 after installing all 8 updates and driver's. Now SecureBoot say's it's enabled in my U.E.F.I. version 2005 (most current). After the 8.1 install, I updated it and then plugged my 3tb. h.d. back in and pointed my user account to my contacts, documents, downloads, favorites, links, pictures, saved games, searches and videos on the 3tb. drive. I also told W.M.C. to put the Recorded TV on the 3tb. h.d. Apparently after you've installed 8.1 on your pc, it wont accept your key if you try to clean install 8. That's why I did the 7 install first. Does anyone have the U.S. Microsoft phone number for activation ? I used to have it, but someone along the line threw my notebook out, that had it. I spent 2 1/2 hour's with Microsofts Online Chat technician taking over my p.c. and they verified my 8 key was good, but they didn't fix my 8.1 issues at the time. Outlook 2010 wouldn't work, desktop items froze by 2nd/3rd program opened. photo's app froze and numerous updated modern app's didn't work. Now the SecureBoot not working is the only issue I have.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    brkkab123, Nov 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question