Utility Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by airplayne, May 30, 2013.

1. airplayne

airplayne

What utility software did you find worked the best and is the most reliable to keep your registry clean and drives organized (defraged)?

airplayne, May 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. airplayne

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I haven't bothered with defragging since Windows 7 came out. It did a great job of automatically keeping the fragmentation down, and Windows 8 seems so do the same. I used to use CCleaner for registry cleaning, and I would still recommend it, but I don't use it anymore myself, because I managed to hose my system with it once or twice (I am one of those people who can't be bothered with taking backups of the registry before modifying it, and I am always fiddling with the more experimental tools...). I'd run it only if I suspected issues in the registry, or if I customarily installed and removed a bunch of software on a regular basis.

Core, May 31, 2013
    Ian and sleepyH22 like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. airplayne

crazycroc

crazycroc, May 31, 2013
    Ian likes this.
  4. airplayne

adamsmith

hey ..this is Adam and I'm a software engineer at Miami h=based computing firm .. for an efficient registry clean i always rely upon the C Cleaner as i find it expert i finishing its task expertly.. to discuss over the same issue and some others as well I'm here .. thanks..

adamsmith, Jun 3, 2013
  5. airplayne

airplayne

I will have to take a look. Thanks for the tip. Up till now I have tried a few different softwares. Some of which includes ASO, and Tunup Utilities. I can't prove this but I have a feeling there were a couple cases where after running these softwares I suddenly had issues with Windows.

airplayne, Jun 3, 2013
  6. airplayne

Charles13

I agree. CCleaner is the best clean freeware for Windows, also for Mac.

Charles13, Nov 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question