Using USB drive to install Windows 8 Bootcamp on MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by themarting, Nov 17, 2013.

1. themarting

themarting

I'm lookin gto install Windows 8 on a MacBook Pro to use with Bootcamp.

I have created a bootable usb drive but dont know the procedure. Can anyone help me out with this?

themarting, Nov 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. themarting

Kougar Moderator

Should be fairly normal... follow the bootcamp prompts from within OS X to download the extra files and partition your system. The machine should restart and let you boot to the USB drive where ya install Win 8 to the correct partition you just made for it. Probably are other videos on youtube but here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3lNOrfAWEhg#t=181

Kougar, Nov 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. themarting

MyDigitalpoint

Can Windows 8 boot up from a USB stick? I tried to unsuccessfully boot up with XP installed onto a USB, but I later found that with the NT systems this was not possible, and I suppose Windows 8 is also a NT system.

Or am I wrong?

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 18, 2013
  4. themarting

themarting

It turns out the early 2011 Macbook Pros are not capable of creating a bootable Windows USB from an .iso file on the drive.

I ended up burning a dvd

themarting, Nov 18, 2013
  5. themarting

Parth

Yeah they can create a bootable Mac USB but if you want to create a bootable Windows USB the best thing to do is use a Windows computer. Burning a DVD is the easiest way sometimes.

Parth, Dec 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question