USB devices not detected in windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by Manish Singh, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Manish Singh

Manish Singh

After the update of windows 8.1 no USB devices are detected when i plug into any of the ports.
    But, strangely when i plug in my external HDD/pen drive/mouse before booting my laptop and then start the laptop. It detects and everything is fine. But When system is already started and then i plug in any of my USB device it doesn't appear in My computer.

When i checked devices & printers in Control panel, my portable HDD/Pendrive appears there. But with error/warning symbol on the corner. And each time i troubleshoot the device, it says the driver for the device is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device.
    Further i click on the apply Fix. But it is not able to Fix it.

So, Please help me with this as i am stuck very badly with this strange problem. If you need any further details on this please let me know.

Laptop Details: Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN (Check below link for more details on device)

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np3...raph/p/itmdk6yb2yhvnc94?pid=COMDK6Y9JNHY9G8V&

Windows Version: Windows 8.1 version 6.3 (Build 9600)

Manish Singh, Feb 14, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question