USB 3.0

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Goldfynche, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Goldfynche

Goldfynche

My PC was working perfectly well with Windows 8.1 pro 64bit. But being a habitual tinkerer. I had decided that I wanted a smaller case.
    Currently I am using an ASUS A58M-E motherboard and when the new case arrived. Transfer and assembly of components was a breeze. The only thing was. The new case like most cases these days, had two USB sockets on the front panel and these apparently are USB 3.0 and are connected via a blue 20 pin plug, to the motherboard. So I have two choices. Either ignore them (which would bug me no end!) Or obtain a new motherboard!
    The USB 3.0 equivalent of my m/b is an A58M-A/3.0. But on looking up the specs. Whilst it has 2 USB 3.0 sockets on the rear panel. There is nowhere on the board to plug the front panel sockets to!
    The purchase of a new m/b seems inevitable. But I would rather not have to shell out for new CPU! Both of the above mentioned boards use an FM2+ CPU. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Goldfynche, Aug 24, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Goldfynche

Goldfynche

Problem now sorted!

Goldfynche, Aug 25, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question