Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 9

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by mikelouis, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mikelouis

mikelouis

In this week in windows news, there is a rumor about the launch of windows 9 early next year. Is it too soon? And what features can we expect?

mikelouis, Oct 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. mikelouis

bassfisher6522

Windows 9....do you have a link to the article you're talking about?

bassfisher6522, Oct 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. mikelouis

davehc

Here is the whole thing Bass. I am not too excited about it. It seems to be heading for a cheaper downgrade product. In any case, I'll probably be dead by then! -lol

davehc, Oct 14, 2013
  4. mikelouis

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I for one certainly hope not David, at least not before you post in a few more threads. (see attachment)
    And what about Windows 10.... which I'm officially starting a rumor, that it will be called (drum roll)....... OS 10.:)

Attached Files:

Trouble, Oct 14, 2013
    Ian likes this.
  5. mikelouis

davehc

Yes. I have often been accused, in my younger days, of having the devil in me!!!!!!!

davehc, Oct 14, 2013
  6. mikelouis

davehc

I don't have any king of special ear in Microsoft's Head Office. But I "imagine" (based also on rumour reading), that the new, much smaller, much cheaper, OS9, will be that because it will be a basic gateway into the cloud side of computing. Nothing extra on your desktop whatsoever.

davehc, Oct 14, 2013
  7. mikelouis

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Well that will be something to NOT, look forward to. My experience.... just when you need it the most, the cloud rains on you.

Trouble, Oct 14, 2013
  8. mikelouis

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I noticed a comment a few days ago from the guy who leads the mobile platform development at MS; he said they were going for an even more tight-knit and transparent consumer experience between their mobile and desktop platforms. I think, essentially, desktop computing is heading towards a cloud-heavy direction. I also read that the PS4 will support playing PS3 games through a streaming solution, so that the game actually runs in the cloud and is streamed to the console via Internet connection.

I am hopeful that dumbass Ballmer's successor will be on the cutting edge of mobile technology this time around, and not stubbornly try to downplay the inevitable.

Core, Oct 15, 2013
  9. mikelouis

Sugarhill

Well, I would think OS9 would be out a little too soon, but due to my pleasure with 8, I will stay out of Microsoft's business, let them figure out that part and then I'll try to figure out what they just released.

Just don't force that Start Menu or button back on me and we should be fine.

Sugarhill, Oct 15, 2013
    Trouble likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question