Update SSD driver

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by DarkRepulser, Mar 7, 2013.

1. DarkRepulser

DarkRepulser

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to update the driver of a SSD? I tried via device manager but it says it's already the latest version, but I'm sure there are newer versions out there. I'm using a Corsair Force 3 SSD.

Thanks.

DarkRepulser, Mar 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. DarkRepulser

davehc

Are you having a problem with it?

davehc, Mar 7, 2013
    Trouble likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. DarkRepulser

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Typically there wouldn't be a driver update exactly for your drive. An update for your drive controller would be more likely and would probably be best sourced from your motherboard manufacturer or the actual controller chipset manufacturer.
    There are firmware updates for SSDs and again those would be from the drive manufacturer itself http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97417
    As Dave is probably suggesting and which is also suggested from the manufacturer, if you are not having issues than a firmware update is not likely needed.
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Mar 7, 2013
  4. DarkRepulser

Kougar Moderator

If you're having a problem with it you should update the firmware. Corsair has a tool to do this available on their product support page.

The only way to update the AHCI driver built into Windows itself, is to install Intel's RST driver available here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21730

This driver package is intended for RAID deployments, but in the process it replaces the Microsoft AHCI driver with Intel's own updated AHCI driver. Review websites will install it anyway just for the ACHI driver even when not using raid.

Kougar, Mar 8, 2013
  5. DarkRepulser

DarkRepulser

My motherboard doesn't support AHCI, couldn't find a setting about it in the BIOS menu. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I managed to update my Corsair's firmware on my SSD and now it's pretty much a faster.

DarkRepulser, Mar 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question