Unable to download pictures

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Connie, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Connie

Connie

I checked the forum. Nobody seemed to have had issues with this.

When I put my camera chip into the laptop a window pops open, majorly black with a few 'dots wondering from the left to right side' telling me the system is working. The system tells me :'Uploading files...'. It goes on forever, nothing happens. It was working very slowly on the first days after purchasing the laptop, but now it's 'working' forever, without any uploading. The chip itself is readable and intact, when I put it into another laptop.

The latest problem with the picture issue is, that I am not able to download pictures out of emails anymore. I right click on the picture and it won't give me the option for 'copying', instead there is the 'little drop arrow' at the left lower corner of the picture telling me to download the pic to the desktop. That also doesn't work.

It shouldn't be a problem to download pictured rom anywhere. Why is there this annoying 'downloading' page coming up with the wandering dots? Why doesn't the computer system ask me simply "opening file to view photos', like it did with my window 7?

Thank for any help

Connie, Jul 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Connie

crazycroc

by chip do you mean the memory card I assume?

Do you have any extra third party software installed for managing your pictures on that computer? Because what you are describing doesn't sound familiar to me.

crazycroc, Jul 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Connie

airplayne

It could have something to do with the port you are putting the memory card into. When you go into the file explorer does it recognize the memory card?

airplayne, Jul 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question